POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Camera Fadeover : Re: Camera Fadeover Server Time
8 Jul 2024 13:21:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Camera Fadeover
From: Robbert
Date: 2 Dec 2002 13:22:26
Message: <3deba4e2@news.povray.org>
The only other way I can think of is to render the other scene(s) separately
and use a plane that is texture mapped with the image(s) of the rendered
scenes in front of the old.  The only problem below that I can see is that
lights in both scenes will affect each other not to mention that using the
mirror will require you to 'mirror' the other scene AND make sure the mirror
is placed properly so that when the new scene is left and you remove the
mirror the two images match 1-1.  This could be difficult to do.  Mind you
the above won't be easy either if you are intending to have both animated.
It'll mean accurately placing the plane and texture map in front of the
camera so that when you complete the transition you don't get a pop or
anything when going completely to the new scene.

news:uff### [at] econymdemoncouk...