POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Camera Fadeover : Re: Camera Fadeover Server Time
8 Jul 2024 13:07:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Camera Fadeover
From: hughes, b
Date: 1 Dec 2002 10:07:04
Message: <3dea2598@news.povray.org>
"Arne Kleinophorst" <kle### [at] debitelnet> wrote in message
> Anybody has an idea how to make some kind of camera fade-over with
> povray. I mean directly with pov within a single *.pov-file without an
> external movie-program.

Sure, if you want a fade-to-black just set all light sources and the global
setting ambient_light to drop to zero over a certain amount of time or
number of frames. Simply multiplying their values by a variable going from 1
to 0 ought to do okay. You'll need to make it a fraction of the whole
animation time (frames) if it is to be only a subpart.

Chris Colefax's Clock Modifier macro would do good for this since you can
specify a start/end period which will be a subsection of the full animation
clock. URL to it is:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434/

--
Farewell,