POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : New release Pyvon : Re: What is the fuss about emacs ? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 15:22:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What is the fuss about emacs ?
From: fabien Henon
Date: 1 Dec 2002 06:32:45
Message: <3de9f35d@news.povray.org>
Artis Rozentals wrote:
>>Yes there can be way to go around this, but when I use POV I don't want to
>>spend half a day learning how emacs work.
>

> You expect to learn emacs in "half a day"?!?!

That's exaclty the point. I want to use POV and write scripts and not
spend that time learning how to use emacs. The point is : Emacs is not
user friendly. When you want to drive your car, you don't need to know
how the engine works ( when the plugs sparks, when they spark, how fuel
is injected,...). It helps when it breaks down or for maintenance. All
you want is go from one place to another.

Besides I wanted to get emacs to work, I did not managed to make it work
. In facts it worked even less than xemacs does. I don't even have
syntax highlighting when typing and the insert menu disappear -> I
removed both of them and I gained 75 Mb on space on my hard drive.

Fabien HENON