POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : New release Pyvon : What is the fuss about emacs ? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:47:36 EDT (-0400)
  What is the fuss about emacs ?
From: fabien Henon
Date: 27 Nov 2002 17:19:07
Message: <3de544db@news.povray.org>
Steve wrote:

I have just installed xemacs with pov-mode, and....I just don't see
what's the fuss is all about.
I followed the instructions found in the pov-mode site.
- Syntax highlighting does not work on opening a file
- No word completion
- Where is the output of the streams ?
- How do I change the render resolution ?
- How do I pause a running render ?
- Is there a partial rendering feature -> how do I add parameters in the
command-line ?
- Is there another way to change colors apart from twiddling in the
.emacs file with some obscure parameters ?

There might be other cons which I am forgetting now.

Yes there can be way to go around this, but when I use POV I don't want
to spend half a day learning how emacs work.

I might start flames, but the way I see it, emacs may do many things,
but it does not mean that all those things are done right.

Fabien H