POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : freeBSD without X : Re: freeBSD without X Server Time
6 Oct 2024 14:40:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: freeBSD without X
From: pan
Date: 26 Nov 2002 18:45:24
Message: <3de40794$1@news.povray.org>
"David Burnett" <var### [at] ntlworldcom> wrote in message

> > "pan" <pan### [at] syixcom> wrote...
> >> How can I compile a command line only version of
> >> 3.5 for freeBSD 4.7-stable?
> >>
> >> I'm experimenting with generating images from
> >> php scripts on a web server and X just doesn't
> >> fit into the schema.
>
> Try the instructions in the Cygwin thread in this newsgroup.
> I can't see why they shouldn't work for *BSD's too.
>
> Dave

Thanks,

Tried the cygwin thread suggesstions.
Got a little further, but

gmake stops with 'missing separator' errors in
/src/Makefile
fixed that by adding in the missing {tab} characters, but

gmake still stops with 'no target for' errors
atmosph.Po
 ??? no such file I can find
also DEPDIR doesn't seem to get defined anywhere

am downloading new source just in case I got a bad copy

::frustrating::