POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Metallic colour query... : Re: Metallic colour query... Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:21:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metallic colour query...
From: Alf Peake
Date: 24 Nov 2002 09:24:12
Message: <3de0e10c@news.povray.org>
> "blued steel" term for this particular problem is in fact the right
> term. I think I've got the blued steel so far but not the 'sheen' as
> yet.

Well, I apprenticed as a watchmaker. The steel screws and stuff would
be very polished before heating on a bed of brass shavings. The finish
would depend on how well you did the work.

> > and stix3v5.jpg, 3.5 and 93k.

Spot the deliberate error. A typo buried "thing" in the table and I
didn't notice :( Don't tell anyone about the one in p.b.i. ;)

>       Very close to some of my settings apart from I haven't put
> brilliance or conserve_energy in. (Why didn't I think of brilliance?

In pov 3.1 I used brilliance around 10.

Alf