POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Metallic colour query... : Re: Metallic colour query... Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metallic colour query...
From: St
Date: 23 Nov 2002 18:48:35
Message: <3de013d3@news.povray.org>
"Ib Rasmussen" <ib### [at] ibrasdk> wrote in message
news:3DD### [at] ibrasdk...

> I think what you need is a more or less black texture with specular
> reflections that only reflect blue. Whether that can be done in POV,
> don't know.

      Thanks Ib. It seems to work in wPoV 3.5 ok. I'm getting the
right colour at least, but in my reply to Alf below, I think it's the
'sheen' that's missing. Specular seems to be the word I've neglected
with this little project though, and it's helping to play around with
it.
   It's just a basic scene with a gold pocket watch but I want to try
and get the hands right from memory - close so far, but no cigar! ;)

    Thanks again.

     ~Steve~