POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Cygwin : Re: Cygwin Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:58:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cygwin
From: David Burnett
Date: 22 Nov 2002 15:24:52
Message: <3dde9294$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 03:46:42 +0000, Ross Smith wrote:

> Has anyone managed to compile Povray with Cygwin? When I try it it
> complains about missing X headers. Using --without-x makes no
> difference.

It appears that the config for without X doesn't work,
the quick way to get things to work are to
hack the makefile to remove the reference to
povxlib.o from the povray_OBJECTS section
and povxlib.c from povray_SOURCES

then add

#define X_DISPLAY_MISSING 1

to conf.h

which will give you a pure command line version.
That works for compiling the unix version on a Mac,
should work for cygwin too.

the other alternatives are to install a copy of xfree for cygwin :-)
or fix the configure script.

Dave