POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Advice on creating better textures : Re: Advice on creating better textures Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Advice on creating better textures
From: =Bob=
Date: 22 Nov 2002 13:55:28
Message: <3dde7da0$1@news.povray.org>
"princeofgonville" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.3dde6891452754514cc4564a0@news.povray.org...
: Hello everyone,
:
: Can anyone give some hints on how they go about creating realistic-looking
: textures? I'd like to do something like rusty steel peeping out beneath
: cracked weathered paint - without using an image-map (am I mad?). Obviously
: I'm going to need some form of layered texture. But where does one start?
: How do you choose the right colours?
: Thanks
: PrinceofGonville (www.wis.co.uk/justin)

Check out one of the IRTC entries from Feb 2001:

http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/2001-02-28/cbwor.zip

This picture was recommended to me when I needed
to do the same. My code is now kind-of dedicated so
it's not as useful as the code by Christophe Bouffartigue.
Greate picture too, check it out...
=Bob=