POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : interlaced - which fields first? : Re: interlaced - which fields first? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 15:44:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: interlaced - which fields first?
From: Dennis Miller
Date: 20 Nov 2002 22:00:48
Message: <3ddc4c60$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks Scott. The guys at Canopus (makers of Procoder) told me that even if
I hadn't used fields in POV, that I should render my uncompressed AVI (from
a Targa sequence) using upper if I wanted the smoothest motion on a TV.
Of course when I send this work out, I never know what the viewer will have
on the other end, which is yet another pain.
But the bottom line is, if I do render with fields, will that produce even
better TV viewing than not using fields? I can't honestly say that there is
currently a problem (no fields in POV to no fields in Premiere to no fields
on the DVD), but would there be a clear advantage to using fields if the
ultimately outcome were to be a TV screen?
thanks,
d.

<Scott Moore> wrote in message
> On Fri, 8 Nov 2002 14:44:16 -0500, "Dennis Miller"
> <dhm### [at] attbicom> wrote:
>
> >I am making DVDs and VHS tapes of my POV animations for playback on an
NTSC
> >TV system. I load the TGA files into Premiere, and when I Export as a
Movie,