POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Facing the inevitable - Facing-the-inevitable.jpg : Re: Facing the inevitable - Facing-the-inevitable.jpg Server Time
19 May 2024 17:53:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Facing the inevitable - Facing-the-inevitable.jpg
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 20 Nov 2002 17:40:58
Message: <3ddc0f7a@news.povray.org>
Yup, filling poser figures was something I did
alright. And that glass of milk was Kari Kivisalo,
AFAIK.

But with human figures I wasn't too successful, still,
subsurface scattering (as this image quite clearly shows)
can add some extra "WOW" to an already neat
picture (the idea is great, POV being the ball to smash
it all)... I'll definitely be fiddling with it again and again...

Even more so when I get the time and effort to use my
PC's spare parts (though its only a 800 MHZ athlon and
a GForce2) to build myself a second PCs for my own little
private Renderfarm... hehe...

In case your interested, that Poser Picture can be found
in my gallery, entitled "Treasure". I've also used subsurface
scattering for the chocolat in "Chocolat" and the heart
in "Fractured". My Widescreen images didn't make much use
of subsurface scattering yet...

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde