POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Render frames backwards : Re: Render frames backwards Server Time
5 Aug 2024 12:17:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render frames backwards
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 16 Nov 2002 06:53:25
Message: <3dd631b5$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3DD61DBE.23FF80B2@gmx.de> , Christoph Hormann
<chr### [at] gmxde>  wrote:

>> I think I will just killfile you.  Sorry!
>
> No matter who is right and who is wrong in this situation or who
> misunderstood something i think this is definitely an inadequate reaction
> to Tom's postings.  Since Tom is a long time user of POV-Ray you can be
> confident that he is defending a valid point - whether he misunderstood
> something you said does not change anything about that.

I killfiled him because he starts length discussions about something
irrelevant and tries to turn it into another you said this I said this and
vice versa game.  I have better things to do than waste my time with useless
discussions.

The original poster (Andrew) assumed that he would have to stop POV-Ray
manually, Warp assumed POV-Ray instances would communicate in some way, and
there is absolutely no way to guess what someone else is assuming if it is
either extremely hard to use (Andrew) or requires some fairly complex
network interaction if done optimally (Warp).  I am unable to do
mindreading, and neither assumption is logical, feasible or usable.

So asking for more details while assuming a logical, feasible and usable way
to achieve the desired goal makes me misunderstand the problem in Tom's set
of mind, fine, but I don't have to nor do I want to listen his nonsense.
That is why I killfiled him.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde