POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How does povray read a file? : Re: How does povray read a file? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 06:12:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How does povray read a file?
From: =Bob=
Date: 14 Nov 2002 20:28:52
Message: <3dd44dd4@news.povray.org>
"hughes, b." <omn### [at] charternet> wrote in message news:3dd2f117@news.povray.org...
[deletions]

: It's an interesting problem. I don't know of a way around the need for
: quotes or commas for this kind of thing. Sorry. POV-Ray will always see a
: lone word or number or symbol as being the proverbial undeclared identifier.
: If it were all put into a single pair of quotation marks then perhaps it
: could be dissected into parts of the string but way too difficult I'd think.

I've been playing around with a Win version of Pov3.5 that
reads dBASE files into arrays of strings. It doesn't use indexes
yet and it's not tested fully.
=Bob=