POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Render frames backwards : Re: Render frames backwards Server Time
5 Aug 2024 12:19:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render frames backwards
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 14 Nov 2002 08:52:04
Message: <3dd3aa84$1@news.povray.org>
news:3dd3a884@news.povray.org...

> Well, if one is much slower, is it really worth separating the work at all?

Yes. POV runs on lower priority on my main PC, and if I have other tasks to perform,
such as
mpeg encoding, I have to let them run on a higher priority. When they are completed,
POV will
use all the processing power again. However, during the video encode, POV has done
hardly any
rendering. My spare PC has made useful progress.

Every little helps.

Andy Cocker