POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Render frames backwards : Re: Render frames backwards Server Time
5 Aug 2024 12:22:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render frames backwards
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 14 Nov 2002 08:42:42
Message: <3dd3a852@news.povray.org>
In article <3dd3921d@news.povray.org> , Jaime Vives Piqueres
<jai### [at] ignoranciaorg>  wrote:

>> So you suggest one renders the even and another the odd indexed frames?
>> Or do you suggest that the beginning and the end of a sequence take long
>> and you divide them such that one renders from beginning to the middle of
>> the
>> sequence and the other from the end to the middle of the sequence?  Why
>> would it have to work backwards in either case?  The speed would be the
>> same regardless of sequence direction!
>
>   IMHO, in the case you proposed, one of the computers can finish before
> the other, because the first half renders fast or viceversa, so one of the
> computers becomes iddle while the other is still rendering, and there are
> still pending frames. With the other solution (starting at both ends), no
> computer is iddle: both finish at the same time, so they finish the task
> before undoubtely (except in perfectly balanced animations where all the
> frames take the same amount of time to render).

Hmm, why did you as well as Tom manage to completely miss that I queried
_two_ possible solutions?  I mean, the very first sentence is crystal clear.
And note that I did not proposed them as solution but _asked_ which one Warp
is talking about.  There are questionmarks at the end...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde