POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How does povray read a file? : How does povray read a file? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 06:15:35 EDT (-0400)
  How does povray read a file?
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 13 Nov 2002 13:24:08
Message: <3dd298c8@news.povray.org>
I'm looking for a general understanding of what povray does when it reads  a
file.

I thoroughly understand how to #write a file and how it responds to a file
where I #include   text that is actually SDL.

But I don't know how to handle a file that is not SDL.  Say it is just a
list of names, one per line:

smith
barney
fife
luck
olsen

How can I get this into povray?  Or can povray only #read something that is
SDL?