POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Scattering media on a white background? : Re: Scattering media on a white background? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 06:16:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scattering media on a white background?
From: Shay
Date: 11 Nov 2002 14:45:25
Message: <3dd008d5$1@news.povray.org>
Christopher James Huff <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message
news:chr### [at] netplexaussieorg...

What I am trying to do is give the appearance of light emanating from the
center of a partially covered sphere. What I have now is my continent model
from the last IRTC round in a group with a light source to light it from the
outside. I then have a second light source in the center of the globe and a
spherical media container filled with scattering media.

The effect of light being filtered by the continent model is perfect on a
black background, but I have not been able to make the scattering visible on
a white background. I am trying to make a quick picture for a holiday card,
so I'm looking for any help with getting this project over as quickly as
possible.

Thank you,
-Shay