POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVray for beowulf systems : Re: POVray for beowulf systems Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:25:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVray for beowulf systems
From: Matthew Grove
Date: 9 Nov 2002 05:55:13
Message: <3dcce991@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 16 Feb 1999 04:48:23 +1300, Thomas Willhalm wrote:

> The Crazy Mule <smi### [at] paradisenetnz> writes:
>
>> Has anyone done anything with POVray on Beowulf (it's a library thing
>> for Linux to make buncha-normal-comps-networked-together
>> supercomputers) systems?
>
> Isn't PVM included in Beowulf? So, using PVM-Pov should be simple.
> Unfortunatly, PVM-Pov still relies on POV-Ray 3.0...
>
> Thomas

The latest version of POV-Ray supported by pvmpov is 3.1g, however I have
patched the source of POV-Ray 3.5 with the code from the earlier pvm
patches and I have a running version of pvmpovray35 (as I like to call
it...:-) It still has a few glitches - the statistics don't always work
and I can't track down the source of a seg. fault in close_all()...

Matthew.