POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Portraying movement : Re: Portraying movement Server Time
5 Aug 2024 12:18:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Portraying movement
From: =Bob=
Date: 8 Nov 2002 13:42:01
Message: <3dcc0579@news.povray.org>
"Christopher James Huff" <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message
news:chr### [at] netplexaussieorg...
: In article <3dcb8f48@news.povray.org>,
:  Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
:
: >   Not in a perfectly "frozen moment"...  ;)
:
: Hmm...in an animation, perhaps. Or if (as I mentioned before) there is
: some other way of telling it is in motion, which can be pretty difficult
: to do. Otherwise, it more often looks like the object is either hovering
: or just sitting still...the motion blur is a valuable visual cue.
:
: --
: Christopher James Huff <cja### [at] earthlinknet>
: http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
: POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
: http://tag.povray.org/

Some high-speed photography shows a truly frozen
moment, yet the motion is pretty clear to me without
motion blur:

http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/photofile-c/splash-4.jpg

=Bob=