POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : DB -> POV charts and graphs? : Re: DB -> POV charts and graphs? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 06:20:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DB -> POV charts and graphs?
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 8 Nov 2002 12:43:10
Message: <3dcbf7ae$6@news.povray.org>
Given that povray is the only programming language I'm fluent in, I've
considered using it for processing of some txt files.

I have successfully written SDL that writes a big array to a file and then
another one that reads it.  But here the file that is opened is pure povray
SDL-- it's probably just like an "include" command.

Two questions:
1) Could someone write a file that reads a txt and knows what to do with it?
Exactly how does pov perceive a line of code in an opened txt file?  Or is
it seen as one big string variable or what?

2)  Is the "fileio" subdirectory **supposed** to be empty??