POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Portraying movement : Portraying movement Server Time
5 Aug 2024 06:18:46 EDT (-0400)
  Portraying movement
From: Matt Walton
Date: 7 Nov 2002 18:28:36
Message: <3dcaf724$1@news.povray.org>
Hello everyone

I'm working on an image for the current IRTC stills round 'Frozen
Moment', and I'd like to indicate somehow that a particular object in
the scene is moving. Now, motion blur would probably be ideal for this,
but I'm using POV-Ray 3.5 and I'm not currently aware of any motion blur
patches for it. I could try moving to MegaPOV 0.7, but I'm not sure how
much of the scene I'd have to alter to make it compatible, and I don't
really want to have to go down that route if I can avoid it as it's
needless extra work.

So, are there any other ways to indicate movement of an object?
Unfortunately it's not one that has anything that flaps or trails behind
it. Or can one simulate motion blur with any reasonable expectation of a
half-decent effect?

Thanks