POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : sunpos.inc and sunrise, sunset : Re: sunpos.inc and sunrise, sunset Server Time
8 Jul 2024 16:02:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sunpos.inc and sunrise, sunset
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 7 Nov 2002 18:23:14
Message: <3dcaf5e2@news.povray.org>
"davidafisher" <dav### [at] attbicom> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> #local distrib_count = 0;
> #while (distrib_count <36)
>   light_source { <0,0,r/600>
>                  color White*0.027778     // 1/36th intensity
>                  rotate <-Al, Az, 0>
>                  translate y*discRad      // move it to the edge of Sun
>                  Rotate_Around_Trans(10*distrib_count, Sun)
>                 }
>         #local distrib_count = distrib_count+1;
> #end

As far as I can say, you just have to change the sequence of your rotations
and translations. translate the light_source to the edge of the disc, rotate
it around it's center (a simple rotate should do taht as the sun is still at
the origin) and rotate it at the end to the position you want the sun
(rotate <-Al, Az, 0>). That should do the job.

Hth,

Marc-Hendrik