POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Using POV-Ray to model a flash-light : Re: Using POV-Ray... cmd: Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:11:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using POV-Ray... cmd:
From: hughes, b
Date: 6 Nov 2002 21:17:25
Message: <3dc9cd35$1@news.povray.org>
Sorry, just after posting my reply I realized you are new to POV-Ray and
might not have any idea what those lines with // cmd: are about. You can put
those into the command line field of POV-Ray for Windows 3.5 (I don't use
other platforms/versions) by right-clicking on the words of either line and
selecting Copy "" to command line.

Also, read the scene help about photons, at section 6.10, and eval_pigment,
at section 7.7.3.

P.S. I hadn't actually written that thing for an hour, I spent a lot of that
time trying to figure out that quadric until I just made my own paraboloid
instead.  :-)