POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pixar patent infringement involves anti-aliasing : Re: Pixar patent infringement involves anti-aliasing Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:09:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pixar patent infringement involves anti-aliasing
From: Sir Charles W  Shults III
Date: 5 Nov 2002 19:24:19
Message: <3dc86133$1@news.povray.org>
Yes, I had a few electronics people get hot about a pulse width modulation
circuit I designed.  I published the schematics and a pretty liberal agreement-
if you use it personally, just give me credit.  If you want it commercially,
contact me.
    Boy, you would have thought I was trying to claim the invention of water or
something.  Some of them got very irate, even though my circuit was completely
independently designed, tested, and documented.  I even showed how to drive
different types of devices with it.  Not so with something you reverse engineer
or steal...

Cheers!

Chip Shults
My robotics, space and CGI web page - http://home.cfl.rr.com/aichip