POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : gamma correction on flatscreen monitors : gamma correction on flatscreen monitors Server Time
5 Aug 2024 06:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  gamma correction on flatscreen monitors
From: Frans Verbaas
Date: 5 Nov 2002 18:09:29
Message: <3dc84fa9@news.povray.org>
dear all,

I did try to find the gamma factor for my flatscreen monitor (Dell standard
15') connected to Matrox GForce2 400 video card, folllowing the procedure
outlined in the manual.
It did not work out as I expcted, in particular the step to lower brightness
till invisible does not work.
I assume there is a different procedure for flatscreens, or it may be
obsolete entirely, the monitor doing its own gamma correction. If so, what
'assumed gamma' should I use for this combination, or should I skip the
assumed gamma line entirely?

Frans Verbaas