POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : subset-frames and Create_Ini : Re: subset-frames and Create_Ini Server Time
5 Aug 2024 08:22:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: subset-frames and Create_Ini
From: hughes, b
Date: 5 Nov 2002 17:17:11
Message: <3dc84367@news.povray.org>
I must have skipped over this when posted, I read it a couple days ago and
remembered to check it out for myself yesterday (then lost 'net access).

I would have to agree that it apparently doesn't work right for animations.

Looking through the source code I couldn't tell where it would need a change
(optin.cpp, povmsend.cpp, etc.) since I don't understand the programming,
were that deemed to be an appropriate change anyway.

Got to wondering if it has to do with percentage rather than integer numbers
for a float, i.e. 1=100%, and thus some mixup someplace concerning that but
it wouldn't matter. They would need to be set as Subset_Start_Frame=0 and
Subset_End_Frame=1 if that were to be done instead. Leaving them blank if
not used originally seems the answer, like you had done.

Always possible this was an oversight I guess, hate to just speculate on it
myself. Maybe someone knows about that part of the program will see this and
can offer explanations.
--
Farewell,
Bob

"Tim Nikias" <tim### [at] gmxde> wrote in message
> When using Create_Ini, the ini that is created uses
> subset-framing, reaching from subset_start_frame 1
> to subset_end_frame 1, thus, I only get one frame
> of any animation.
---snip---