POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : octree in patched pov : Re: octree in patched pov Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:28:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: octree in patched pov
From: Johannes Dahlstrom
Date: 5 Nov 2002 09:10:48
Message: <3dc7d168@news.povray.org>
ABX wrote:

> I wonder if sources with patched pov are supposed to be called 'standard
> POV distribution'. I refer to sentence from comments in octree.cpp: "All
> standard POV distribution rights granted. All other rights reserved." Dos
> it mean I can redistribute octree.cpp with rest of patched files ? Sorry
> if the answer is obvious but I don't know English language details and
> can't find note about octree in povlegal.

I think that sentence should be read as
"All standard (POV distribution rights) granted", not
"All (standard POV) (distribution rights) granted".

That is, the same rules apply to octree.cpp as to any other source file.

This is just one example of the ambiguity in most natural languages. For
example Lojban, an artificial language, actually has means to deal with
this kind of ambiguous situations.