POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : pattern as function : Re: pattern as function Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:25:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pattern as function
From: Tom Melly
Date: 4 Nov 2002 11:19:45
Message: <3dc69e21$1@news.povray.org>
"Dennis Miller" <dhm### [at] attbicom> wrote in message
> Now that's interesting as my line 661 is:

<snip>

I *think* Chris means that you can intuit how to apply warps to patterns in
functions from examining the syntax used in functions.inc:

#declare f_marble = function {pattern {marble}}

and then just adding the warp statement to that (as found under the general
pattern modifiers 6.7.12).

IMHO it would be impracticle for functions.inc to carry all the possible
variants you might want in pattern functions.