POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : SMPOV * New Version for Multiprozessor-Owners & Win98 : SMPOV * New Version for Multiprozessor-Owners & Win98 Server Time
3 May 2024 11:48:05 EDT (-0400)
  SMPOV * New Version for Multiprozessor-Owners & Win98
From: Theo Gottwald *
Date: 4 Nov 2002 07:28:40
Message: <3dc667f8$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

This message is mainly intresting for two people-groups:
- if you have more then one PC
- if you have a PC with more then one CPU
if you are in neither group, you may still visit my downloads section and
you'll find other intresting things.
.
Since the last update SMPOV 1.1 we counted 231 Downloads from SMPOV so there
should have been quite a number of people who tried the program.

However last time I got a Mail from Malaysia, it was from Luke Jing Yuan
[jyl### [at] mimosmy].
He reported me unknown problems under Win98.

So we made contact via MSN-Messenger and we found the sources of trouble.
After all he found a sollution.

And now here is a new Version of SMPOV mainly for those who still have
clients running a Win9X OS.

Additionally I added the VB6-Runtime-Files directlo to the package so there
is NO installation necessary
at all. Just copy the folder where you want to have it. Make your COM-Folder
... and go.

Not really. Under Win 9x  there is a small file that has to be copied into
the windows folder first.
Luke found it, it makes the DOS-Boxes close automatically when they are
ready.

Ok, here is the Download-Link: http://www.it-berater.org go to
Downloads-Section etc.
As always ... its FREE & we have other NEW downloads there as well.

--Theo
Distributed Network-Rendering or Local SMP-Rendering on all CPU's you have.
With SMPOV und POV-Ray 3.5. * Download free at:
http://www.it-berater.org/smpov.htm