POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Motion_blur in PovRay 3.5 : Re: Motion_blur in PovRay 3.5 Server Time
5 Aug 2024 08:21:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Motion_blur in PovRay 3.5
From: hughes, b
Date: 3 Nov 2002 20:55:57
Message: <3dc5d3ad@news.povray.org>
"Rohan Bernett" <rox### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> Is it possible to make motion blur in POV-Ray withour modifying the
> program's source code, or using any post processing?

Sure, it's possible to some extent. It's just not easily done for all scene
situations since it means overlapping multiple copies the object(s).
Here's what I tried quite a while ago, really only a test of the idea and
not good for serious renderings.
http://hometown.aol.com/xyzunknown/private/objmblur.zip
Others have done this kind of thing but I don't remember what was best,
probably plenty of messages to be found here in these newsgroups if you
search. Seems it was a hot topic about 3 or 4 years ago and then
intermittently since then.
--
Farewell,
Bob