POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray web site : Re: povray web site Server Time
5 Aug 2024 06:15:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray web site
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 3 Nov 2002 09:35:18
Message: <3dc53426@news.povray.org>
"Peter Popov" <pet### [at] vipbg> wrote in message

> It will remain a good idea as long as pixels are the only truly native
> measurement for screen. Points are native for printing only. That's
> why you'll find only pixels in my @media screen rules and only points
> (or inches) in my @media print rules.

No. We covered this pretty well in *.off-topic...the actual size of pixels
varies widely, measuring things in pixels only ensures it will either be too
large or too small when people use a screen with a different size or
resolution. An actual size unit is always better for measuring size. You
should *never* use pixels to measure size.