POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : New multithreading / distributed-rendering-patch for 3.5 ? : No New multithreading / distributed-rendering-patch for 3.5 :-( Server Time
8 Jul 2024 14:18:41 EDT (-0400)
  No New multithreading / distributed-rendering-patch for 3.5 :-(
From: Theo Gottwald *
Date: 3 Nov 2002 00:29:35
Message: <3dc4b43f@news.povray.org>
To make the story complete. I just got a mail from the author (shortened):

> The people in the POV-Ray newsgroup do not beleive in "patched code"  with
that result currently.

Yes, I saw that. Actually, I gave up on the idea and chose another project
instead. It was partly because they said that it was difficult, and partly
because I found it difficult to understand the code. I had no problems
understanding isolated pieces of code, but rather to get the whole picture.

Fazit: With time Pov-Ray got more complex then someone from "outside" may
think on first look.

--Theo
---------------------------------Distributed Network-Rendering or Local
SMP-Rendering on all CPU's you have.
With SMPOV und POV-Ray 3.5. * Download free at:
http://www.it-berater.org/smpov.htm