POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : sunpos.inc and sunrise, sunset : Re: sunpos.inc and sunrise, sunset Server Time
8 Jul 2024 16:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sunpos.inc and sunrise, sunset
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 2 Nov 2002 13:02:59
Message: <3dc41353@news.povray.org>
"davidafisher" <dav### [at] attbicom> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> It works fine except as soon as the center of the light source hits the
> horizon (given by Al, - Altitude)the whole light source and sun disk
> disappear!

I think you have to replace your light_source with a bunch of them. At the
moment, the light is emitted from one single point in space (at the center
of the disc), if this sinks under the horizon, your plane shadows the whole
scene. An area_light won't help you here, afaik. So split your light_source
in 9 perhaps scattered over your sun disk, each with 1/9 of the intensity of
the original one (White/9).

I might by wrong though, as I've never used sunpos.inc.

Regards,

Marc-Hendrik