POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Jinx! : Re: Jinx! Server Time
28 Jun 2024 20:31:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Jinx!
From: Shay
Date: 31 Oct 2002 15:05:45
Message: <3dc18d19$1@news.povray.org>
St. <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:3dc18b38@news.povray.org...

>     Heh... 'Life' is a competition Shay. You don't use the best tool going
for you
> to forward yourself in real life?

I would never suggest otherwise. I would suggest anyone competing do the
same, *not* the other way around. I think that perhaps I am being
misunderstood on that point.

>        At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter with this
competition does
> it? I see it as fun and tutorial. I would hazard a guess that most people
really
> hope that Gilles (or any other big names has entered) - *just to see what
it is
> that they have to do* to get that number one slot like he has so often.
So, in
> that respect, you're not wrong. I see his Art as a guidance and not a
hinderence
> in any way.

I see his art as a guidance as well. Again, I think that I am being
misunderstood. I also always hope that the "big names" enter. I am only
stating that if someone wants to compete at Gilles level then *methodology*
as well as talent and skill will be crucial.

 -Shay