POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : POV-Ray 3.5 makefile for Inprise (Borland) free command-line tools : Got it to compile too. Thanks Vahur K. Server Time
18 May 2024 08:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  Got it to compile too. Thanks Vahur K.
From: hughes, b
Date: 29 Oct 2002 23:06:17
Message: <3dbf5ab9$1@news.povray.org>
After some effort of course, trying to figure out what was meant by all the
talk of htmlhelp.lib and winmm.obj.
I had gotten a htmlhelp.lib from out of a zip of the HTML Help documentation
at  http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?releaseid=33071
And I also did what Tony tried for using the winmm.lib, which was to copy it
from BCC55\LIB\PSDK and rename it with that obj extension. I wasn't
successful no matter how I tried, don't know if that's because of Windows XP
here or my lack of know-how.

If I had simply commented out those two lines in pvengine.c Vahur told of in
a reply to ABX I'd probably have saved myself the trouble. To be exact, I
mean this:

//#pragma comment(lib, "htmlhelp")
//#pragma comment(lib, "winmm")

// suggested to use instead by ABX:
//#ifndef __BORLANDC__
//  #pragma comment(lib, "htmlhelp")
//  #pragma comment(lib, "winmm")
//#endif

I'm not clear about that identifier __BORLANDC__. Is that supposed to work
as-is? Or is that just a placeholder for the real name needed there. Guess I
could try it to find out...

This is the very first time I ever successfully compiled a program of any
kind. Having had looked over doing so for other programs in the past I never
knew I could actually do it until now. Only way this worked okay is due to
you, Vahur Krouverk, and I am grateful. Maybe I'll be able to continue to do
more later on.

P.S.  program code is crazy stuff, like POV script times 100, I'll need a IQ
boost to deal with it.
--
Farewell,
Bob