POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : rose :) : Re: rose :) Server Time
5 Aug 2024 08:20:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rose :)
From: Slime
Date: 27 Oct 2002 19:51:20
Message: <3dbc8a08$1@news.povray.org>
> spheres-sweep as main part, thene cones (or some more comples shapes)
> putted along main part as spikes.
> Biggest proelm is with top of flower, maybe isosurface ? Any suggestions
> what formula(s) will be usefull ?

Your best bet is probably something like a triangle mesh or something else
that can be flat; and you should probably model it in another problem, since
rose petals are not easily modelled with primitives, especially through
scripting.

In a pinch, I imagine one could make decent tulip petals via spheres using
clipped_by...

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]