POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Matrix bullet time effect : Re: Matrix bullet time effect Server Time
8 Jul 2024 16:14:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Matrix bullet time effect
From: Andrew
Date: 26 Oct 2002 10:52:00
Message: <3dbaac10$1@news.povray.org>
IIRC, this may be quite difficult.  I think that there were rings of
"turbulence" or whatever coming out as the bullet went through the air -
quite simple if you can get a nice looking transparent texture.
However, I also recall them distorting the background, ie refracting,
but without a solid edge.  This is the only case that I can think of (so
far) where variable IOR would be nice to have.  Perhaps the effect could
be re-created with a set of lens objects, becoming very thin and flat at
the edges (for no distortion), with a sort of ring-like bulge that moves
outwards.  Definitiely a case for isosurfaces or meshes here.

"Fidel viegas" <fid### [at] artrecognitioncouk> wrote in message
news:B9E04BB0.5B66%fid### [at] artrecognitioncouk...
> Hi Slime,
> Thanks for your reply, but I was actually interested in the effect of
the
> bullet. That is the wave trails it leaves in the air.
> The bullet is  travelling and leaving trails. That's what I am looking
for.

> Thanks once againg.
>
> Fidel.
>
> in article 3db9d52f@news.povray.org, Slime at slm### [at] slimelandcom wrote
on
> 26/10/02 12:35 am:
>
> >> Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone has attempted to create the
Matrix