POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I need a faster machine : Re: I need a faster machine Server Time
5 Aug 2024 08:26:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I need a faster machine
From: Slime
Date: 23 Oct 2002 00:12:06
Message: <3db62196$1@news.povray.org>
> BUT I've already spent this much time on the render and I doubt
> that light change would gain me that much...would it?  If it
> would, I might change...

Depends on how much time is being spent in the wax's scattering media.
Scattering media + area lights = slooooooooowwwwww.

If you want to try it, I suggest you merely open a new instance of povray,
make a duplicate copy of the file, set your big render on low priority, and
start experimenting. Don't do it with moray though; if you really want to
optimize, you're going to get best results by hand.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]