POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : My particle system is released : Re: My particle system is released Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:10:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My particle system is released
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 22 Oct 2002 09:31:52
Message: <3db55348$1@news.povray.org>

3db53b04@news.povray.org...

> All he has to do to not be a hypocrite in
> my opinion is to either free his code or compensate anyone who helped
> him develop it (directly or otherwise) as that would be only fair.

To be really fair, everyone who sells "products of the intellect" kind of
goods may know this sort of little moral tugging because there's always
something in what you sell that was given to you by someone else (ideas,
bits of code etc.). I guess a little hypocrisy is unavoidable and is usually
forgivable. The questions are, how it balances out eventually (how much
value did you add to what you received) or, well, how much you want/need the
money!

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com