POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : My particle system is released : Re: My particle system is released Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:13:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My particle system is released
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 22 Oct 2002 04:07:57
Message: <3db5075d$1@news.povray.org>

3db48cf7@news.povray.org...
> of POV script. People like Gilles Tran aren't going to pay you; they'll
> just not use your work.

No. I don't mind paying people for their work when it's valuable. After all,
like many hobbyists, I already pay (too much!) for my hobby. In this light,
paying for Rune's work doesn't seem unreasonable. To be frank, if I were
considering Rune's macros for a big animation project for a client, I
wouldn't object to pay him because it would save me time and money. It would
be a business decision. It's extremely theoretical though : not only POV-Ray
hobbyists are not very competitive marketwise, but there are dozens of
particle plug-ins in commercial software and thousands of starving graphic
3D artists who know how to use them.
But it doesn't make the idea of commercial POV-Ray script less unsettling,
considering how things had been working until now. Here's some Pandora's
box...

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com