POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : My particle system is released : Re: Terms changed slightly again Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:31:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Terms changed slightly again
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 21 Oct 2002 14:26:35
Message: <3db446da@news.povray.org>
Rune wrote:

> I've changed the terms a bit again.
>
> Still not free for commercial use, but the requirement for credits is
> changed to a request. And the terms now say nothing about making
> modified versions of my files, as long as they are not distributed.
> http://runevision.com/welcome/terms/terms.asp
>
> Hope it's a bit better, though I realize that many will still not be
> satisfied...

  It's fine for me. I can understand the "commercial" part, but the
requirement for credits is something that I always find strange. People who
are used to not give credits will not give them anyway, and honest people
only needs a remainder as much. Such requirement, then, only takes away
honest people... too bad. For the modifications permission (although I will
never use it), it's also important: don't try to tell people what they
can do when no one is looking. :)

  So, thanks: now I can make an image with it, and grant to everyone a free
reproduction permission, without having to put the credits pasted onto the
image (that's the only way I find to grant that every published copy of my
image will have the required credits to you). I want to credit you, but I
prefer to do it in a generic way trough my "techniques" section.

  Thanks again for the changes...  now it's time to try it!

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org