POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : My particle system is released : Re: My particle system is released Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:16:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My particle system is released
From: Rune
Date: 20 Oct 2002 14:11:14
Message: <3db2f1c2$1@news.povray.org>
Ken wrote:
> Allow me to play Devils Advocate for a moment here -
>
> ---------------------
> I just copyrighted the following scene.
>
> camera{location<0,0,-3>look_at 0}
> light_source{<0,0,-2> rgb 1}
> box{-.5,.5 pigment{rgb 1}}
>
> You may not use the same syntax in any of your scenes
> or make derivative works from it without first
> contacting me, paying me royalties and ensuring that
> I am duly credited.
> -----------------------

Sure, I won't copy it, but I may by coincidence make an almost identical
scene file myself one day.

I really don't get what point you're trying to get through. The scene
above is a very minimal one that anyone could come up with, and thus it
doesn't make sense to copyright it. Are you implying that my include
files are equally simplistic, and that anyone could come up with those
too? If you have an actual message, could you say it in a more direct
way?

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com (updated Oct 19)