POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The future of POVing : Re: The future of POVing Server Time
5 Aug 2024 08:20:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The future of POVing
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 18 Oct 2002 09:32:39
Message: <3db00d77$1@news.povray.org>
I guess the problem with patches is, that unless
you try to add something totally new (another
preprocessing step for cloth/particles/whatever,
which then use the standard object, or a new
object altogether), the patches will make changes
to similiar parts of the code, and thus may not work
together. I'm not too sure how easy it is to
add another functionality to preprocessing (like
mentioned cloth/partcles) or postprocessing
(especially if data from image has to be saved, like
depth, surface normals, etc). I'm no programmer
yet, and I've got hardly any experience, but I know
from my Particle-System (written in POV-SDL) that
adding features isn't as easy as one sometimes supposes
it could be.

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde