POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : People I can't send emails to... : Re: People I can't send emails to... Server Time
5 Aug 2024 08:20:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: People I can't send emails to...
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 16 Oct 2002 15:32:46
Message: <3dadbede$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3dadb824$1@news.povray.org> , "Rune"
<run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote:

> The strange thing then is that I've had no problems sending mail to
> everyone else.

While those lists are updated instantly, most of those who run mailservers
update their list irregularly.

> I don't know how to install and use a mailserver on my local system. :/

I assume you are running a current Windows?  There is a huge selection even
of free ones.  Just look at
<http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Software/Internet/Servers/Mail/>

A mailserver on a local system is really easy to configure as long as you
use it only to send mail.  At best it is some very basic configuration (like
allowing only local connections to it) and then chagning your email client
such that it connects to localhost for smtp.  Much easier then using
POV-Ray...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde