POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering medical volume (e.g. MRI) data? : Re: Rendering medical volume (e.g. MRI) data? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 08:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering medical volume (e.g. MRI) data?
From: Harold Baize
Date: 14 Oct 2002 12:41:01
Message: <3daaf39d$1@news.povray.org>
It sounds like what you want to do is map images with
transparency to planes. Should be easy enough to do.
Then you render stereoscopic pairs of the stacked planes
to view. Nice idea. You would have to be very precise
in registration of the images on the planes, and no
doubt you would have to play around with the levels
of transparency to get it to work.

Then again to really use the power of a ray tracer you
would want to transform the data into a true three
dimensional model. That would be a real challenge and
has been accomplished by Voxel and other companies
that charge huge sums of money for the process.

 HB