POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation output filename : Re: text output Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:02:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: text output
From: hughes, b
Date: 13 Oct 2002 18:24:39
Message: <3da9f2a7@news.povray.org>
Back to say that there is a way to get filenames made from just within the
scene or include file with the frame number showing. You'd still need to
write in the current scene name though, the word "debug" within the
concatenation line could be a string declared elsewhere.

#declare Debugged = frame_number*clock; // info or whatever placed into file

// #fopen debugtext "c:\allframesdebug.txt" append // to keep within one
file
#fopen debugtext concat("c:""\frame",str(frame_number,0,0),"debug.txt")
write

#write(debugtext,"Frame ",frame_number,"\n",Debugged)

#fclose debugtext

Not sure at the moment if there's a better way, often is. During my reply
before I thought it might work well to use shell commands but with file I/O
and frame_number that's probably not going to be needed.
--
Farewell,
Bob