POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Server load? : Re: Server load? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 10:16:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Server load?
Date: 11 Oct 2002 04:24:45
Message: <3da68a20.88848617@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 14:05:52 -0400, "Jim Kress"
<kre### [at] kressworkscom> wrote:
>So, the problem must be with the POV server, either it is overloaded, its
>access to the internet is overloaded, or it is sharing resources with
>another server which is causing the POV server to be starved for bandwidth.
>
>In any event, the question is how to fix the problem so we can return to the
>speed levels we all enjoyed just a few weeks ago?

sure, if someone provides the funding for a dedicated link to for the
povray.org server any bandwidth can be obtained. Please remember that
povray.org is a volunter operation, allmost adless and almost
income-less. The only source of funding is the IRTC CD sale and the
keyrings, and bandwidth isn't cheap. As far as I'm aware povray.org
isn't presently generating enough income for funding the current
bandwidth costs so co-location (with its pros and cons) is a
neccesity.

/Erkki