POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Start submitting those 3.5 benchmarks : Start submitting those 3.5 benchmarks Server Time
5 Aug 2024 10:24:09 EDT (-0400)
  Start submitting those 3.5 benchmarks
From: hughes, b
Date: 10 Oct 2002 23:53:48
Message: <3da64b4c$1@news.povray.org>
Just received e-mail today from

http://www.haveland.com/index.htm?povbench/index.php

Only 5 there as of my posting this, three of those by the Andrew Haveland
himself I guess. Wonder when a 1 minute time will be reached first by a
single CPU? Maybe a couple years from now... or sooner?  ;-)  I think my
PIII 800MHz notebook does it in 1 hour 47 minutes but I need to redo it
again to know for certain.

If you've seen this web site before you'll notice the benchmark pages have
changed. I had e-mailed Andrew (Andy) only two weeks ago and he said it was
going to be redone soon. Didn't take long (he was already planning it).

If you haven't seen it before... all you need to do is render the benchmark
file(s) as described there on the page and use the Submit button to fill out
the form. To see the results use the buttons in the upper right corner.
--
Farewell,
Bob