POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray problem and - Sorry! : Re: POV-Ray problem and - Sorry! Server Time
5 Aug 2024 10:20:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray problem and - Sorry!
From: Slime
Date: 6 Oct 2002 15:16:53
Message: <3da08c25$1@news.povray.org>
> BTW: I'm not sure whether I should use area lights. In my scene the sun
> shines directly through the window and passes the blinds. This should cast
> sharp shadows, shouldn't it?

In real life, the sun casts soft shadows. This is because it's not a single
point in space; it's a sphere that has a definite size. So make an area
light that has the same size as the sun.

Well, not really. Since your light source surely isn't as far away as the
sun really is, you don't want it to be that big. But estimate so that it
would *look* the same as the sun does from where the camera is.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]