POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray problem and - Sorry! : Re: POV-Ray problem and - Sorry! Server Time
5 Aug 2024 10:25:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray problem and - Sorry!
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 6 Oct 2002 12:25:50
Message: <3da0640e@news.povray.org>

3da04595@news.povray.org...
> I'm very new to POV-Ray and use Blender to create my scenes. There's a
nice
> export tool available and it works good so far but it seems that there's
> something wrong with POV-Rays way to handle uv-mapping. In Blender it
looks
> okay but POV-Rays version looks very ugly. It's to grey and even when I
> increase the ambient value it looks pretty bad. There are also some
> distortions on the shelf I can't explane. What can I do to increase the
> quality of my image?

The only way to know is to look at the exact texture definition provided by
the converter and see if it makes sense in POV-Ray. Converters often have
very bizarre ways to create POV-Ray textures and I never use their texture
output directly. For some reason, for instance, some converters insist in
creating texture layers that only mess up the texture code. It could really
be anything... and nothing serious unless the uv-mapping is actually wrong
(this you can check by replacing the texture map with a checker pigment).

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com